"Are you a writer?" she asked. I hesitated for a while before mentioning "Uh, no."
Well, I am taking Creative Writing, but to be a writer? Hmmm have not thought of it though... So, when's my script coming out? When's the independently produced short film coming out? Soon, soon...
James Cameron "I still say, when people ask me how one gets to be a director, that you don't wait to be asked - go direct something! Even if it's in Super 8... the most important step in becoming a director is to find out if you are a director, & the way to find that out is to go & make a film & see if you can tell a story in a cinematic way."
It's raining (again). Brisbane's weather has been rather unpredictable, of late. Just when I thought I can safely "tuck" in my heater, it starts pouring. Well, so far I've not been drenched but a lot of the vain people who think carrying an umbrella is totally uncool have certainly regretted not doing so. It's supposedly spring but it doesn't feel so.
When it rains, and you're sitting in your room typing up your first blog statement & the entire house feels so empty & quiet even though there are other people in the house, there's a melancholy feeling to it. Loneliness, emptiness & suddenly you feel homesick & want to hop onto the next available flight home.
This is dedicated to all my friends - primary, secondary, college, uni, ex-colleagues, you know who you are...
Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me,
why should you not speak to me?
And why should I not speak to you?
[Two-line poem by Walt Whitman (1860)]
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment