Even though I'd psyched myself into not feeling sad about leaving for Brisbane without celebrating Chinese New Year with my family, I couldn't help feeling so. When Popo suggested an early reunion dinner because of my flight date, I felt so touched. I could feel the tears coming but you'd never want to shed tears at a kopitiam ^-^ So our family went to Greenview Restaurant, a long time favourite of Popo's for the dinner. Besides the dinner, Mama also dished up some of the food that she'd normally make during Chinese New Year specially for me. And Uncle Tan gave me a makan treat at Nice Soup Gang as well. All I can say to my family is that I love you very much and thank you for everything!
Mama, Papa, Sam Yee Mah, and Chui Leng went to send me off at KL Sentral. I could see that Mama felt a little teary eyed. SYM, thank you so much for managing to jam in that diary into my notebook backpack. Yes, I totally agree with you that it's such a useful item. I've been using it everyday especially to note down my purchases etc.
After all the goodbyes, I made my way to board the ERL. Upon arrival at KLIA, I met up with Esther and her family. After another round of goodbyes, Esther and I went to the immigration counter. Security was very tight as previously KLIA didn't place any scanning machine there. But this time everyone had to scan their baggage and walk through a detector. I was rather surprised when the alarm went off as I walked through. The officer let me through later after giving me a bodycheck. Apparently some other passengers were bodychecked as well. Oh well, it's good that KLIA's beefed up on their security. I'm glad that this time we didn't have to take the aerotrain to the terminal gate. It's more convenient this way. The only disadvantage is that people wouldn't be able to shop and browse at the duty free area over there.
Finally it was time to board. My flight was at 11.30pm (M'sian time). Yes, night flight loh... Nowadays I prefer night flight because I don't have to wake up early and rush to the airport. When Popo reminded me about having ice-cream, I told Popo there'd be no dessert at that hour. My previous flight from Brisbane to KL served a late night snack and a heavy breakfast. However it was the opposite this time - heavy late night dinner, ice-cream and a light breakfast. Yummy!!
This time I managed to watch an entire inflight movie even though half the time I'd trouble figuring what Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were saying. Oh well, the headphones weren't exactly top quality. Upon arrival at Brisbane's airport, the immigration people gave me a really quick clearance. But the customs officer made me open up all my baggage. But I'm happy to say that none of my things were confiscated. Popo and Mama, Uncle Michael and Auntie Mi were very happy with the Mister Murukku and almond biscuits.
Mama, Papa, Sam Yee Mah, and Chui Leng went to send me off at KL Sentral. I could see that Mama felt a little teary eyed. SYM, thank you so much for managing to jam in that diary into my notebook backpack. Yes, I totally agree with you that it's such a useful item. I've been using it everyday especially to note down my purchases etc.
After all the goodbyes, I made my way to board the ERL. Upon arrival at KLIA, I met up with Esther and her family. After another round of goodbyes, Esther and I went to the immigration counter. Security was very tight as previously KLIA didn't place any scanning machine there. But this time everyone had to scan their baggage and walk through a detector. I was rather surprised when the alarm went off as I walked through. The officer let me through later after giving me a bodycheck. Apparently some other passengers were bodychecked as well. Oh well, it's good that KLIA's beefed up on their security. I'm glad that this time we didn't have to take the aerotrain to the terminal gate. It's more convenient this way. The only disadvantage is that people wouldn't be able to shop and browse at the duty free area over there.
Finally it was time to board. My flight was at 11.30pm (M'sian time). Yes, night flight loh... Nowadays I prefer night flight because I don't have to wake up early and rush to the airport. When Popo reminded me about having ice-cream, I told Popo there'd be no dessert at that hour. My previous flight from Brisbane to KL served a late night snack and a heavy breakfast. However it was the opposite this time - heavy late night dinner, ice-cream and a light breakfast. Yummy!!
This time I managed to watch an entire inflight movie even though half the time I'd trouble figuring what Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were saying. Oh well, the headphones weren't exactly top quality. Upon arrival at Brisbane's airport, the immigration people gave me a really quick clearance. But the customs officer made me open up all my baggage. But I'm happy to say that none of my things were confiscated. Popo and Mama, Uncle Michael and Auntie Mi were very happy with the Mister Murukku and almond biscuits.
A view of Brisbane city from the new apartment I'm sharing with 3 other friends. We're staying at Festival Towers. The following three pictures (including the one on top) were taken on the day I arrived in Brisbane. It rained on the day I arrived and it rained the day I left KL.
Ha ha! Can you see me? My room is behind that glass panel, it's an ensuite which I share with Esther.
See that clock over there? That's Suncorp Bank's digital tower clock. Besides my watch, handphone and foldable clock, this is another way for me to tell the time ^-^
We went treasure hunting to our friends' houses to retrieve our stuff. It took us one whole night to get it done. We slept close to 4 a.m. It was absolutely exhausting carry the things up and down. As you can see, this is my room. Esther and I have been sleeping on my sleeping bag for more than a week.
Esther, Therese (in white top), Shawn, and I. Absolutely exhausted! Look out for my next posting. You'll get to see my new furniture and nicely furnished room.




4 comments:
wah ah leng!!!! ur condo super the nice leh!!!!!! i also wanna stay there ler!!!!!! dam jealous sial! hehehe update more ya..wanna 38 38 about u and ur so-called-life there mer..hehe
take care and sleep more! it's the babi year after all..hehe
|jessie|
jessie you are the 38 one man.
leng, may i link you?
Sure Joy, link me up :)
Like the glass panel photo!
Post a Comment