Thursday, January 24, 2008

Adieu 2007 ~ Hello 2008

I've officially been back for more than a month now. Time's been flying (as usual), it's just that I'm less receptive to change. The day after I arrived was my sister's birthday and we went on the Eye on Malaysia. Tis a pity that my sis couldn't really enjoy the ride coz she's afraid of heights. In total, we were given 3 rides on the huge ferris wheel. It's definitely a smaller version of the London Eye. It was fun to see the KL skyline from hundreds of feet above ground level.

Other than that, I got sick during the first 2-weeks of being home. But it did nothing to damper my mood as Mama & Popo made delicious
tang yuan @ glutinous rice balls. Yup, it was the Winter Solstice celebration. Then I slept early on Xmas eve coz I was recovering from the flu. Not that I've anything to do on Santa Claus Day.

During Popo's 80th birthday celebration, most of my relatives (yeah loh the ones I see once a year during CNY) mentioned that I lost weight. Hahahaha of course I was damn happy. Even my Ku Che said I look more toned this time around. Yes, I simply love the beach & the activities that I did in Cairns. I just wish I can keep looking tanned all the time. Unfortunately the brown's fading & I can feel the fats around my body jiggling away. OK, it's time to hit the pool.

At first I was so excited about meeting Jacqui in Malacca. It was just too bad that she'd to go to India. Hope she's having a fantastic Indian adventure. Must be riding elephants & having loads of curries & dhal (I bet!).

Nevertheless my family & I did make the trip to Malaysia's historical state. We drove down south. It was our first family outing in years as we haven't gone on holiday since 2000. I'm glad my parents & sister enjoyed themselves. My parents haven't been to Malacca in years unlike myself. I went there on FT Day last year (yup! it was a day trip too).

This time around I acted as tour guide. As usual one must experience Jonker Street's Chicken Rice Ball. Mama was laughing when Papa said he didn't know he was eating rice even after taking a bite of one of the mini balls. Well, it does remind one of fish ball ^-^ After the nasi ayam we went to do the touristey thing along Jonker St. After a long walk, it was time to have ice cool cendol on a blistering hot afternoon (it did shower earlier but we experienced fine weather after that).

Then sis mentioned we must go to Fort 'A' Famosa. The fort's an important landmark in Malacca & is a must-see attraction. Gee I didn't imagine we'd to walk up flights of stairs & it was kinda steep just to reach the fort. But the climb was worth it. There were numerous tombstones of foreigners who have left their mark in Malaccan history. The fort's architecture is amazing. I'm impressed that something so old has withstood the test of time.

Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 to my family & friends. Well, it's never too late to greet...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Happy New Yr Leng! AAAAH sounds like u had a good time in Malacca!