Tuesday, February 12, 2008
My QUT Lecturers
My QUT experience wouldn't be complete without my lecturers. They're a really helpful lot & I learnt a lot from them. I really miss attending uni, how I wish I were back in Brisbane. Getting ready for class, rushing to catch the bus, preparing brekkie while my homies are in bed. Cooking together & sleeping late together after many rounds of mahjong ^-^
During my Cairns trip I suddenly hit upon the idea of having my pix taken with my lecturers, thanks to my roomie, Kai Wen. It was so sweet of her to suggest taking my pix at QUT since it was my final semester. Fortunately, most of my fave lecturers were available during the semester break.
Just a little info, Helen taught me Australian Film & International Cinema while Peter was my Film Genres & Film History lecturer. Both of them are so well versed in film that I consider them to be my encyclopedia & dictionary. Many a time I fell asleep during the film screenings but I managed to get by during the exams thanks to their notes.
One of my fave writing lecturers is Kris who taught me for two semesters. She used to be a journalist & even got a book published. I'd great fun during Creative Non-fiction: Life Writing & Introduction to Creative Non-fiction: Arts, Humour & Travel, all thanks to her. When I found out she was leaving QUT, I felt really sad. The new batch of students wouldn't know what they've lost.
As for Simon, he used to be a lawyer but quit his job and is currently pursuing a PhD in Music. He acts in plays & sings too (haven't had a chance to watch him perform though), but what struck me was how loud & deep his voice was during my first day of Introduction to Multimedia Technology. He's a really helpful tutor.
Leah, oh Leah. Some students labelled her the female version of Tim Burton; such unkind words. At first I found my Photomedia & Artistic Practice lecturer/tutor to be too hyper, she got excited over such minor things. But as time went by, I began to have a high regard for her. She dislikes being labelled an indigenous photographer & prefers to be known as an artist. And I couldn't agree more, yes, she's an artist who also happens to have a gallery in Melbourne. She has inspired me to take photography seriously & I can't wait to get my hands on an SLR camera.
My last words are reserved for Michael, my Media Writing lecturer/tutor who happens to be a favourite among female students. Yup, plenty of ooohs & aaaahs are emitted when his name is mentioned. He has sent many hearts aflutter during his class. I can't help gazing into his eyes, can't remember if it's blue or green or maybe both. Of course I was surprised when he agreed to have his pix taken with me. He even said he was flattered ~ imagine that! Sigh... Gotta say the pix doesn't do justice to him. He looks much better in person. Wish he'd worn what he used to wear during winter for the photo shoot but it wouldn't make sense coz it was end of spring & it was blooody hot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment