Today was an awesome day. Managed to catch up with ex-colleagues and my college friends.
First event of the day was lunch with Mei, she came driving up in her Proton Waja. Seated inside were Li Wai, Shan, Joy, and Jessie. It was as if I'd never left KL for Brissy. It reminded me so much of my farewell yumcha, but back then Li Wai wasn't around & Chin Hor was there. Mei highly recommended Pudu's prawn mee & that's where we were headed.
The noodle & soup were tasty, so was the big plate of kai kan. I hardly eat chicken innards, but surprisingly it didn't taste that bad (just eat it with some green chili - Yummy!). Good food doesn't go well without good conversation; Mei & Joy made sure things were lively. Somehow, both of them always manage to make us roar with laughter. Production line is a highly stressful environment, so laughter is the best medicine after all.
Mei, Li Wai & Joy - thanks for giving me such good memories. Really enjoyed working with you guys.
Shan - you're a very special guy & I'm really proud to be your friend. I really admire your artistic ability i.e. your drawings & neat handwriting (how many guys observe such neatness in their writing?). I remember when we were in college, you used colour pens to write notes, something that I found very uniquely You! I'm glad you intend to take up photography as I can see you've a good eye for taking pix ^-^
Jessie - eventhough we haven't had the chance to really get to know one another better, but I do treasure the times we chatted online etc. I admire your love for the outdoors, something that I can only yearn but not have courage to take up as I lack the budget to do so. But I really enjoy listening to your experiences when you were in Oz land.
Final event of the day was dinner at Gusto, an Italian restaurant in D'sara Perdana with San Siang, Li Fern & Benji. Each of us ordered a dish, & I ordered Hawaiian pizza. Li Fern's spaghetti marinara tasted the best followed by San Siang's dish (forgot the name mah).
San Siang has two dogs now; Simba & Snigger. Managed to catch sight of Snigger, a cute little pug which is only a few months old. Very manja! Li Fern looks different now, maybe it's because of her working in an advertising firm that she's to observe her working image. But she's the same old Li Fern that I knew from college. Benji looked so grown up all of a sudden in shirt & slacks. It's not that he didn't look like the normal Benji but we usually see him in T-shirt & jeans. Today's attire made him look more manly & suave. Good for you, Benji! ^-^
San Siang, Li Fern & Benji - I really appreciate our friendship; heartfelt thanks also for always making an effort to attend our gatherings ^-^
Unfortunately the rest of our gang couldn't make it but at least there's still time to meet up. I'll be flying back in February next year, hope to see all of them before I leave.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to have known you too, Ah Ling! Have heard so much about you from the gang even before I met you, maybe tat's why we can just terus ON after we meet! hehe
Jom la ber-jungle trekking and snorkelling all!! Dang meh arh!! hehee
~ Jessie @ www.xanga.com/destination_aquarius ~
Post a Comment