Friday, December 01, 2006

MiA

I'm really touched that my friends have noticed that I haven't updated my blog in a while. Yes, for 1 whole month I was missing in action (MiA). Early November was quite a stressful month for me. I was busy preparing for my 1 & only exam on 7/11/06. I watched 6 films with my friend, Tiffany. We both took the same subject i.e. Film Genres. The 6 films consist of Chinatown & Out of the Past (Film Noir genre), Matrix & Blade Runner (Cyberpunk), Gladiator & Armageddon (Action/Adventure). Most people said we were so lucky to be able to just watch films each week for Film Genres, but in actual fact, there's more to just watching films. It's quite a big misconception, actually. Anyway, to put a long story short, I really hope that the hours & effort that we put into all the discussions would be able to help us score a good grade.

Besides the exam, the worst part of early November was trying to find someone to take over my room lease. The day after my exam, I received the worst news. The guy who agreed to take my room suddenly backed out; he found another room. Of course I felt like shouting & scolding him for not informing me earlier but what's the point? It would only make matters worse. Thus I'd to advertise my room again via online. I even had to postpone my flight home. Luckily someone agreed to take my room a day before I was scheduled to leave Brisbane for KL. I needed to get someone to take my room because I wanted to move in with my friends. And I definitely do not want to pay empty rent for 3-months (trying to save my parents money).

On the day I left Brisbane, 3 three good friends came to send me off. A big thank you to Shawn for helping me shift my stuff & sending me to the airport. Celeste & Eeling, your presence meant so much to me. It's the first time, friends are sending me off. Coincidentally, a friend of mine, Therese was taking her flight home on the same day as well. After getting clearance from immigration, Therese & I went towards Gate 82 i.e. the gate for SIA. It was the first time I'm sending a friend off & I sent her all the way to the plane's door step ^-^

Gate 81 is for MAS. As usual, you've the stewardess greeting you on board. I've always loved how the plane takes off & lands, maybe it's the adrenaline feel. I was looking forward to watching the inflight movies, but alas, after the midnight snack, my eye lids felt really heavy. Managed to get some shut eye but later awoke as I was thirsty. After a few cups of orange juice & H20, I tried to sleep but the loud snoring from the guy sitting across kept me awake plus airplane seats aren't exactly comfy.

Finally after 8 hours, we arrived at good ol' KLIA. I'd to wait half an hour to get my luggage from the carousel. Then I hopped onto the ERL train & arrived in 28-min in KL Sentral. Was home in 10-min in Papa's car. It's time for a good dose of M'sian cuisine.

No comments: