Monday, January 29, 2007

Tanarimba

Ku Che, thank you for bringing me to Tanarimba. Even though it was only a day trip, I really enjoyed my time there. It's such a lovely place. The lush greenery really makes one feel so relaxed. I'd recommend it to highly stressed people; being with mother nature really makes the mind less tensed. And the last thing on anyone's mind when they're at Tanarimba is Work! They'd be too busy taking nature walks ^-^

Me & my trusty digicam, it's time to snap photos
Swinging away on my little hammock...
Taking a little walk down the footpath

Lovely scenery - it's been a while since I actually took time to fully view mother nature's beautiful creations.
Such a lazy day, don't you feel like playing snake (in Cantonese it means playing truant from work ^-^)

Peek-a-boo! Can you see my Grandma?

Passion Fruit juice, anyone?

Koi fish are aplenty here. These kind of fish are extremely expensive. However a lot of Chinese people rear them because it's believed to bring good luck & prosperity.

Papaya tree
(The following fruit tree pictures were taken at Uncle San Meng's house)

Durian tree

Ding 'a Leng's Grandma: That's a papaya tree. And that's a durian tree. Over there's the mango & cempedak tree. And that's the rambutan tree.
Ding 'a' Leng: Huh? I only know that's a papaya tree. I don't know the rest.
Uncle San Meng: Are you not Malaysian?
Ding 'a' Leng: Yes, I'm Malaysian, but I'm also a city girl. I hardly get to visit any orchards. I haven't had the chance to see any fruit trees in person loh.
Mango tree
Cempedak tree - suffice to say, the cempedak is similar to a jackfruit.
Rambutan tree - unfortunately there weren't any rambutans ripe for plucking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks super duper fun!!

can't wait to see you!