While the Olympics has Usain Bolt, I myself got a taste of the power of God when I came back to find I couldn't switch on my notebook. I unplugged my handphone charger. OMG, there's debris. I brushed it off. I tried charging my phone on another extension. Yes! It's working.
Now to check my notebook adaptor. OMG, there's debris too. Please, please, please (I could only pray silently). Oh no! There's no response. But the handphone charger was working perfectly fine just now. After shooting for the last two days in Port Dickson (PD), I arrived home thinking I could check my email, chat with friends, update my lappie with the latest pictures etc.
My heart just sank. I didn't know what to do. I've been using my lappie for almost 3 years. Eventhough the LCD screen was spoilt since November, the hard disk was working perfectly. I survived by connecting my lappie to my desktop monitor for the past 9 months.
Now this huge and awful bolt of lightning has changed everything. There was smoke coming out of our TV area. Even the fused box caught fire. And all this happened when I was away in PD. I was so upset that night. Tears kept flowing non-stop. My mind just went blank. All my files, pictures, important documents gone within seconds.
Suddenly it became very clear. Yes, I've lost my documents but at least I managed to burn some to DVD format. I still have some of the files in my Sent Mail. All's not lost. I just need to get a new notebook. Oh no, all my hard earned money's going down the drain (not again!) Why do I find it so hard to save money? Is somebody up there conspiring to have me be a poor church mouse? Life's so not fair!
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment