Sunday, November 16, 2008

Motivation

After having bummed around since September, I finally started working on 3rd November. First job with lady boss and the next will be the much awaited drama. When I found out the drama had to be postponed to December, frankly speaking, I was none too pleased. I decided to ask around if there were other freelance or full time jobs. Luckily lady boss needed an extra hand.

For the past 2-weeks I've been going in and out of the office. Doing recee @ location survey (for the uninitiated). I'm happy to say that I've conquered my fear of the Kesas Highway. Okay, stop laughing... There's nothing funny about this. I've often tried to travel via Federal Highway, NKVE or even via KL or PJ but not the Kesas way. Why? I have absolutely no idea how this highway works. I just feel so lost when people mention "Just use Kesas lah, it's so much faster..." Somehow it just doesn't register in my head ;p

Part of my work also entails preparing the shooting schedule. I've been amending the schedule many, many times. A lot of things are really not within our control but as long as we put in the time and effort, I guess things will work out in the end. Nothing runs smoothly in production but we always hope for the best. 

There were too many problems, understaffed (the middle party, that is) and as usual, money is the NUMBER ONE factor. The economic recession plays a part in this. TV programs count on sponsorship from corporate bodies in order to reduce their costing. More sponsors will help to boost a program's ratings as well. Unfortunately for us, most of the main sponsors have either pulled out or are dilly-dallying in their reply.

What motivates me to stay on this job even though there's so much s*** involved? $$$$$ is a factor. The pay is alright... I would've accepted it even if it only paid peanuts. My 2-month break and the recession has taught me a lot of things. I can't afford to be too choosy nowadays. And anyway, I'm not directly at the receiving end of it all. Most importantly is I get to be in production. 

Each production is hardly the same. The learning process differs altogether. That's what I love about it. That's the challenge that I look forward to every time. I can really picture how beautiful the look and feel of this TV program will turn out. Even though we have to cover at least 3 locations in one day, I hope things will turn out well.

No comments: