I slowly opened my eyes. I was tempted to sleep in. I saw the sun's faint smile from a distance. It was going to be another cloudy day.
I closed my eyes. The door trembled. My room felt chilly. The wind howled furiously. It was another windy day in Brisbane with the onset of winter.
I pulled on my jumper. It wasn't warm enough. I grabbed my denim jacket. I ran and caught the lift in time. Brrrr!!! What a way to greet the city on a Saturday morning.
It was 15 minutes to 11 a.m. I quickened my steps. Pedestrians, cyclists, buses, and cars maneuvered their way on one of Brisbane's busiest roads - Victoria Bridge.
Brisbane River was on high tide. The waves were bigger and stronger than usual. I looked down as I walked. Sometimes I looked to my left. My hair was in a mess. I kept my hands in my pockets.
I saw the sign from a distance. I walked faster. The wind blew harder. I stopped in my tracks. Something flew into my left eye. My vision blurred in a split second. I grabbed some water from my bottle. It was not much use. I was late.
I finally reached the Lifeline Book Fair. I dashed to the toilet. My eye seemed redder than usual. Oh dear! A missed call from Jackie. I made my way to Hall 3. Jackie and Jess waited for me at the entrance. I explained the situation.
We browsed one section. Nothing interesting. Browsed another section. Very interesting. I excused myself. My eye teared uncontrollably. I could scarcely blink without feeling some pain.
I could take it no more. I said goodbye to my friends. Grabbed my books and rushed to the busway. The pharmacist prescribed some eyewash. My eye was swollen. I cleaned it a few times. I sinfully slept when I should've studied. Two exams the following week, what was I to do?
I continued tearing. My eye reacted strongly towards this foreign intruder. My housemates were concerned. I panicked. I dialed H-O-M-E. Mama and Papa calmed me down.
I started revising the following day. My eye stopped tearing since Monday. Thank God. This ordeal frightened me to death. I've almost fully recovered. Time to hit the books (again)!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wah..aunty, sounds like your eyes are in pain man!! kesian!
hope it has recovered di ya! :)
cheers!
jessie
U have to keep well, dear!
thank you to my dear friends for being so concerned for my well being. ding 'a' leng feels so loved. her eye is back to normal ^-^
Like i always say, take a break la. Don't over pressure yourself. There are people who love you dearly...
so drama!!! beat that thing with a stick! bad thing bad thing!!
How's exams babe?
mr wanna: ai.. as usual i panics easily. always over-worried. sigh... i'm enjoying my holiday now, haha. everyday play masak2.
lilmissmei: the film exams were ok but am not too happy with my biz one. going for a road trip end of june ^-^
Post a Comment