Still Life - Title: Shadow BowlPrinted on: Photo Rag
Formula: Broken Bowl + Cut + Blood = Shadow Bowl
On our National Day (31st August '07), I accidentally broke one of the porcelain rice bowls that Mama sent to me. I didn't realise I'd cut myself until Kai Wen saw a little trail of red flowing down my thigh. I was shocked but I remained calm. I walked to the bathroom and got myself some Dettol. Kai Wen helped me to apply some on my thigh. I decided to keep the bowl instead of throwing it as I thought it might come in handy for my assignment. I took the above picture on 2nd September, a day after the River Fest. My dear readers, I'm not insane :p
Pictorialism - Title: Malaccan TrishawsPrinted on: Glossy Paper
On Federal Territory Day (1st February '07), I went to Malacca with my aunt and uncle. It was my first trip in years. I sent Jacqui a text message informing her about my visit. Unfortunately the day I went was also the day she decided to go to KL with her family. Talk about coincidences :p I took this pix when we were at The Stadhuys. These red buildings were built during the Dutch colony. Anyway, I was fascinated with the colourful trishaws which were parked nearby. I took a few but I still wasn't satisfied. This final outcome was when I nearly lost balance and nearly fell onto the main road. Luckily as I snapped, I managed to balance and avoid from making a spectacle of myself :p
Total Abstraction. Venue: Queen St MallPrinted on: Texture Paper
National Day was quite a significant day for me in Brisbane because I managed to take these two abstract pictures. For the past few weeks I'd been toying with the idea on what kind of images to take for my abstraction assignment. I took pix of tree branches, flowers on trees but I was still unhappy with the outcome. As I strolled Queen St Mall on a sunny Friday afternoon, I saw IT. A ceiling/beam/roof which I often see but overlook in the past until that very day. The architecture was very abstract; the diagonal and straight lines, the way the blue sky interacted with it made it so beautiful. It was a beautiful day for photography!

No comments:
Post a Comment