Thursday, December 27, 2007

Breathing the KL air

Been back for a week and a half now. The first week started slowly but ended on a dramatic note. Sigh... who would want to see a doctor and be on medication when others are stuffing their mouths with all the local delicacies.

In between the pain, I managed to squeeze some time to get Xmas gifts for my family. This is a first for me as I've never bought any Xmas presents for them in the past. What initiated me to do so? Must have been all the exchanging of gifts with my homies. Being non-Christian, my family doesn't celebrate Xmas which explains why we don't buy any gifts. But I'm glad I went all out to get some gifts, candy canes and cards for my family, lecturers and friends.

To see the smile on my friends faces; it definitely speaks a thousand words. I mean it was only some chocies, a card and some sweets but to see their faces light up, it just makes my day :) One of my lecturers even mentioned "But I have nothing for you". I was so surprised to hear such a statement from him and promptly replied "But you gave us knowledge" because I felt knowledge was priceless.

My aunt, cousin and my cousin's fiance flew in to attend my grandmother's 80th birthday which was celebrated a week in advance. Can't imagine my Popo's gonna be 80 soon. As usual, the invited guests consisted of relatives whom we normally see once a year during Chinese New Year. Anyway, the unavoidable question was asked once they found out I'd completed my studies. Sigh... I'd really like to tell them I'd like to goyang kaki and go travelling all my life but such an answer would just get their eyeballs falling off their sockets. And so I gave a politically correct answer - "I'm going to look for a job soon".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guess we'll be on the lookout for jobs the SAME time!! wanna go try ur luck in singapore? come come come, we is go singapore together gether..hehe :)

~j~

the ugly submarine said...

But it felt better to just goyang kaki for the rest of our life *sign*