Sleep is such a luxurious word. Nice to mention, nice to feel but alas, not for us to enjoy unless it's our off day or end of shoot. Today is Shoot Day 16 of 23.
Today while the rest of them (read: Director, Script & Conti Girl, Director's Asst., Director of Photography, 1st Asst. Cameraman, Art Director, & not forgetting the 2 actors) were in one of the cramped motel rooms, the nine of us were packed in another room. Our room was stripped bare safe for a table lamp, several chairs and air-cond.
The nine of us were packed like sardines. I'd difficulty breathing but I'd to stay put. One of them even mentioned it felt like we were illegal immigrants staying together in an ensuite. We (read: Makeup Artist, Wardrobe Asst., Prod Coordinator, Key Grip, Best Boy Gaffer, Grip & Lighting crew) chatted quietly among ourselves.
The Makeup Artist and Wardrobe Asst were feeling weary. Who wasn't? We'd been shooting since 2 July and exhaustion is setting in especially among the crew members. Imagine carrying kilos upon kilos of equipment every single day. Having to load and reload all those heavy lighting and grip accessories is no mean feat. Lighting crew was first to surrender. He proudly proclaimed that he doesn't snore. Ha! Last laugh's on him. We even recorded him snoring with different decibels ^^
Key Grip was such a gentleman. He brought in a mattress for Makeup Artist and Wardrobe Asst. He even helped spread the bedsheet. I know it sounds weird but I swear our room had no mattress. There were a few chairs, though. Makeup Artist and Wardrobe Asst. ended up sleeping in macaroni-like @ dried shrimp positions. Prod Coordinator was busy sticking bills and closing accounts.
Then Grip and Lighting crew followed suit. Three men sleeping side by side in a little corner - Lighting Crew @ Fat Boy, Grip and Lighting. Fat Boy is huge and tall. Luckily the other two guys are half his size. From my sitting position, I so badly wanted to take a pix of them but decided not to coz I respected their privacy.
Out of the blue our boss @ the Film Director pops in. "Wah! No need to work-ah." Some of them immediately woke up and got going with their work. As for me, it's time to pretend that I've a lot of work on hand :p
As the rain drizzled outside, I crept into the closet. It was filled with clothes and bags which were pushed aside. There was enough space for two persons. It was now my turn to surrender. My head swayed to one side. My eyelids slowly closed.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah! You have finally perfected the art of llb aka look-like-busy ways! I am so proud of you.
poor thing wey! nvm nvm, almost at the end of the journey liao!!! yay!!
My heart sobs for you, dear. Stay strong girl! Be positive ;)
Post a Comment