Friday, August 01, 2008

Daybreak-ing ~ Part i

25th June: My first day. Working with C, M, S. My Dept head cum Producer is M. S is our Prod Coordinator. While C is my friend whom I've known since college who's also the Asst Director.
Feels weird to be working in the same environment as C. We've worked on college projects together but that's about it. A few months back she was my employer - went outstation to help in her short film for 4 days.

Being Chinese illiterate and joining the team nearing to shoot date has its advantages and disadvantages. Everybody's real busy but I can't really help. There's a reason why each person is assigned different tasks. I just observe the telephone conversations, discussions as I browse through the English script. The original's in Chinese.


Later on went with MT to a Chinese secondary school in KL. Since he's from Klang, he isn't that familiar with KL roads. He's doing his internship with the company. Even though he's under the Prod Dept he helps out more with Art Dept as they really need the extra help.

26th June: Fetch Lead Actor (LA) to office with S. Know nothing about him except that he's from Hong Kong. After this I'll be his chauffeur for the next four weeks of shoot. Once LA hops into the car, S gets going.

LA: I haven't had lunch.
S: What would you like to eat?
LA: Is McDonald's nearby?

S looks at me.
S: Is there one?
ding 'a' leng: Yup, I know where.

S double parks.
ding 'a' leng: What would you like to have?
LA: Do they have 'mo lok kai' (pronounce in Canto accent)?

S and ding 'a' leng look bewildered.
ding 'a' leng: Is it fried chicken?
LA: No.
S: Is it McChicken?
LA: No.
ding 'a' leng: Do you mean the 6 or 9-piece chicken thingy?
LA: Yes.
ding 'a' leng: It's called McNuggets over here. Do you want the meal set?
LA: Yeah. Can I get a Fanta Orange?
ding 'a' leng: Sure.

No comments: