Have you ever had that feeling when you thought you knew a person but in actual fact you didn't? You think that guy's a complete a****** at the beginning. But as time goes by, you actually think 'Hey! he's not so bad after all.'
There were many instances when I misjudged a person's character just by the way he dresses. I saw his outward appearance but not his inner personality. Along the way I've learnt that first impressions are important. However I shouldn't allow that to cloud my judgement. Let nature take its course ~ time will allow the true personality to emerge.
Even though I was just a Production Assistant during the feature film shoot, I managed to observe and learn new things. One of the things that I experienced was the act of bonding with the production team and crew members. When you see the same people day in day out for almost a month, you'll find that we're almost like family. We laugh, we ache, we share eyebags, and we eat together ^^
On the last day of our shoot we'd a drinking session at the location. It was a farewell of sorts for the Taiwanese soundmen who couldn't join us for the wrap party. Most of the team turned up including the Film Director, Producer and Co-Producer. We really let our hair down.
This is something which I've yet to experience during a TV commercial (TVC) shoot. I've never attended a TVC wrap party. Due to its short duration, the production team are hardly close with the crew. It's shoot and go! Job after job after job. In time, you actually become immune towards the people around you.
When I heard there was a wrap party for the feature film, I felt so excited. Yeah!!! I get to hang out with those crazy people. And of course I was feeling kinda emo then because it was the end of our journey together. It was a rough ride but we managed to survive it.
I've learnt that with every beginning there comes a bittersweet ending. As my first feature film shoot, I'll always keep in memory what I've experienced in those 23-days.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeap...we were all emo!even when we were at malacca..=.=
Well, don't think of it as the END of a journey, but a beginning instead..
A beginning of another journey...
Post a Comment