Friday, December 05, 2008

is it just me?

Is it just me or do I have a communication barrier with my colleagues? It's weird when they start laughing at something which I find totally unfunny. And when it's my turn to crack a joke, they give me a wry smile and some even arch their eyebrows. Sometimes I wonder is it because I went to a Malay medium school, spoke mostly English at home and am categorised as a banana.

Why don't I get their jokes? Why does it sound silly to me? Why do my jokes sound weird to them?
They like to talk about my deadpan face. An expressionless look which I give when I'm clueless as to what they're saying.

Nevertheless even with this communication barrier, we still somehow get through to each other. My Cantonese and Mandarin (no matter how limited), has helped me in many ways. In the end, we manage to pull through the shoot each day and we're now half way to finishing the 13-day shoot.

Thankfully, this shoot is unlike the previous project. This project has many fun people in it. Somehow the chemistry is stronger and we've better teamwork. It takes two to tango and we've many tango partners here ^^

1 comment:

Joonloo Studio said...

U found your tango partner?