31st December 2008 - The last day of the year. How fast time flies... Gotta admit this year has been quite an achievement for me. I came back from Brisbane. Lazed and rested for 2-months, then celebrated Chinese New Year with my family. Then I started working all the way till August. My 2-week self imposed break ended up being 2-months (super sien...).
Was really lucky to get a call from lady boss. Learnt plenty of new stuff while working on the TV program in November till early December. My current project is a TV drama and boy am I stressed. You can hardly imagine the amount of work involved. I'm really lucky to have a really understanding Producer. She's a really experienced lady who isn't afraid to share what she knows.
This lady is super multi-skilled. She can remember so many things. I mean there's only so much the human brain can recall but she seems to have an extra brain to store all the other stuff. I find she's more than an "octopus". Maybe she's a robot with 50 hands.
She's a petite lady with a big voice. I mean she's actually shorter and thinner than me. I was so surprised to meet two ladies in this office who're shorter than moi. You must be thinking "do I detect sarcasm in her voice"? Well it's a definite no because in reality I'm so used to meeting people who're taller than me. It's weird to stand beside them especially to see their shoulders being lower than mine.
Tomorrow's another working day. Unlike corporate companies, there ain't no half day etc. There's no holiday in film and TV production work but some companies do make exceptions. Even though we're working on this drama, there's an unwritten rule that we don't have to come in during public holidays. What I do is I work from home. Yes it's a holiday but when there's work one has just gotta do it. Gotta finish the work mah...
What's my New Year resolution? Gotta admit each year I don't make any resolutions. But for 2009 I'll make an exception. I pray for world peace. I wish the recession will end soon and retrenched people will get their old job or find a new job.
I wish for good health for my family and friends. I'm so lucky my 80-year old grandma is still here. This grand old dame is the matriarch of our family and I love and respect her to bits :) She's my only surviving grandparent and I pray she'll always be in excellent health.
To my parents, aunts and sis: Thank you for always supporting and encouraging me all the way. I wish for happiness for my family. I wish to contribute more to my family - to thank them for all that they have done for me.
So dear readers, what's your New Year resolution?
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
happy new year leng!
i wish you...L.O.V.E
hehe something that you forgot to mention ma...hehe
cheers! :)
Why haven't you been blogging, my dear friend? I miss your words laa :(
Post a Comment