Two whole months of not blogging. Did I miss not blogging? No I did not. In fact I didn't even have time to think about blogging. My life has been a total roller coaster since I started working on that drama. The number of crises is uncountable. I've no idea why there are so many problems to begin with.
Who said being an AD is kacang putih? The buckets of tears, the number of times I'd to crack my head to solve problems. The hundreds of phone calls aka 911 calls to my boss. Help! I don't know what to do... I've lost count the number of times I felt so helpless and useless... The number of times I've been scolded...
And yet I can't seem to tear myself away from it all. No doubt I signed a contract with them. But there's something about this industry which makes me unable to walk away that easily. Maybe this might be my first and last drama experience. But I certainly want a finger in the ultimate pie called the feature film experience. Oh how I long to get a foothold into this arena.
And when's the food travelogue or any travel tv program gonna fall on my lap? I so long to go travelling all over again. Staying in KL has its perks and quirks. Perks would be my family's so near, I've the luxury of not doing a lot of things... namely laundry, cooking, car maintenance.
The hardest thing possible would be having to deal with human behaviour. It's a real pain... I'm nobody's best friend neither do I aim to be one. And don't get me started on the art of negotiation. Another pain in the ass... I've been begging people to refrain from cutting grass, to speak softly, to temporarily stop walking, to not cross the road... All in the name of this drama.
My position gets a lot of brickbats from actors right up to the crew. The only consolation is there doesn't seem to be any politicking going on. If not, mampuslah engkau. Been talking to my Papa and my aunt about my job. I rely a lot on them for advice. Imagine this, they didn't get any advice from my grandparents while they were working. They'd to go through things the hard way before getting to where they are now. I'm really thankful to God for giving me two such extraordinary people in my life.
Sunday, March 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Surprise ex-roomie! so this is how you have been! There is so much tears behind the glamour scene in ur job eh. It must be tough at times. Just remember that you can always cry out to God for help. =) Well, it is really great that you are working in an area you have great passion for. Dont give up on ur ideal travelling job. Who knows? the opportunity may just drop by soon. Take good care of yourself amidst your hectic work schedule!
Sweetheart, you know I am next to you to give you a kick of smile, whether I annoy you to my best interest or manja-ing you to get away with things, I honestly think you are doing a good job! Clap Clap Clap. You know you are importanr!
Post a Comment