Tuesday, June 30, 2009

to have it all

Have you ever felt so lonely even when you have everything around you? I have my family with me, a career and yet I feel empty inside. I tell myself it'll go away but it hasn't...

I paid a heavy price for this... putting my career ahead of other matters... In the end, I'm left with 'nothing'. With my career I gained a wealth of experience and work contacts. But what I need right now is somebody whom I'm able to pour my heart out to...

Something is definitely missing in my life... I know I should stop whining. There are millions of people out there who're in a worst of scenario. But oh no, here I am feeling like the whole world owes me their LIFE. I should start giving instead of taking all the time. I should start setting aside a small sum to donate to charity. An ex-colleague actually visits the orphanage in her free time. How noble of her.

I should channel my energy into doing something noble and charitable. Maybe that's what's missing in my life. And I guess to be closer to God. I haven't gone to church since I came back from Brisbane. Even though St. John's Cathedral was just meters away, I couldn't make time for any church service. I do miss the instant calmness that I get once I enter God's house.

Deep inside I feel like crying... If crying is able to help, I would cry buckets but right now I'm only able to shed a few tears.

1 comment:

the ugly submarine said...

Hey babe. At times when i felt the same emptiness, the same hollow feeling building inside me, i sometimes pick up the girliest love comedy i could get my hands on and dwell on it. It always peaks me up. If not, you can always give me a buzz and i'll be on the next cab over, giving you a free lap dance!! :D