Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Public Transport

For the first time in my life I'm gonna be taking public transportation to work. I was arguing with Papa about how I was to get to work the following day.

"I'll fetch you to the LRT station. You'll reach your office in 10-minutes from the station," said Papa.
"I'll call Ku Che. I'll drive her car there." I answered.
"You know how to drive a 4-wheel?" asked Papa.
"Pa, I have driven a Triton!" I replied.

In the end I decided to take the LRT. No point in arguing further. Fine, fine, fine I'm not gonna lay a finger on my aunt's car. In the past I've taken Putra LRT to watch orchestra performances. Been on Star LRT to visit Bukit Jalil Stadium during the Commonwealth Games. Went on the Monorail to watch Japanese films at MATIC. And not forgetting, the Komuter. My friends and I practically spent a day on this train shooting our student project, a drama aptly titled "Landasan".

And why am I taking public transportation to work? My car needs to pay a visit to the workshop. Something needs fixing and good ol' Pa will take care of it coz his daughter is a motor-idiot.

Tomorrow ding 'a' leng will brave herself in jostling with the LRT crowd. Pushing and shoving her way through the door. Will hold onto her bag tightly while surveying the crowd for any perverts!

No comments: