It started with me wanting a job which wasn't as stressful as the previous. Yeah yeah the interview got it all down... it's not gonna be very exciting plus the work can get pretty mundane - studio recording, studio recording and studio recording.
But what the heck, I've got bills to pay and I really can't afford to be jobless for the next few months. If I stayed on, it would mean having to work with her and her again... No, please, no!
The other freelance job wasn't gonna help much either. There's definitely gonna be a pay cut. They only need me for less than a month. Shikes! What am I gonna live on after that... I'm really sorry Mr. X but I'm unable to take up your job offer.
And so, after a few days off, (frankly, I didn't get much rest after Ghost II), I started working at the new place. Things got off to a slow start. I work on shift duty. 7.00pm recording means I'm usually in the office by 5.00pm. Work would end around 10.30pm-11.30pm. That was my routine for around 2-weeks.
Then more and more tutors got hired. Things started getting hectic. Then a bunch of tutors left and a new group were hired. Full day recordings. Slowly our alternate off days changed to Sundays being our official off day. Each week we do our best to work and think ahead unfortunately things hardly work out. It ends up being us chasing the work for tomorrow, today or sometimes on tomorrow itself :S Are you getting confused? Not to worry, I'm not getting it either. Just working and doing my best to catch up and not get left behind.
My first impression of Director J wasn't that good. I felt he wasn't very friendly plus I felt he was being sarcastic most times when he spoke to me. I even thought he was being too pushy about certain stuff etc. Our roster was planned by our EP and I found that most times I was paired with Director J.
As time went by, Director J and I began to get to know each other better. He has even coined a one-line song for me :)
Director J is a very experienced editor who eventually became a Producer/Director. I enjoy working with him as he makes things really fun. In the first place he's a really funny person. Sometimes I like to "bully" him by saying I'm not gonna do the things which he needed me to do :p Hehehehhe just fooling around with him mah...
When a new colleague, F joined last month, she became an instant favourite. She's so bubbly, friendly and funny! Work gets so lively when she's around. And now Director J is known as Director LT ~ Our long winded, old fella Director :p
Now Director LT has 1 "sister", 2 "daughters" and a ""son"". Guess what? I'm actually in the daughter category even though I'm the same age as his wife :p
The workload and the daily studio recording can really get to you at times. And I really miss outdoor shooting. But thankfully I've a bunch of really fun workmates who make coming to work really fun. We help each other, we tease each other, we laugh together, we hang out after work... To sum it up, Director LT made the best statement ~ "I know I'll miss all of you when this project ends".
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment