"Both of you, get out of the house!" That was what my Third Aunt said to my cousin and I. By the way, Third Aunt or Sam Yee Mah (SYM) in Cantonese, is my Mama's eldest sister. Anyway, when we heard SYM utter that sentence, we were too shocked for words.
So, what made her say such a thing? Let's back track for a while. Firstly, it was the holidays and my cousin and I had a heated argument over some incident. Well, kids being kids, we were so noisy and quarrelsome that SYM lost her patience. As punishment, we'd to leave the house. OK, OK we just stood at the porch until SYM finally let us in. Till now I still remember this incident and would bring it up from time to time for a good laugh amongst my family members ^-^
SYM is a very special lady who has played a big part in my childhood. She would always lend an ear when I needed someone to talk to. I'm glad she did what she had to do in order to discipline me. If not, I would've turned into a spoilt child. Recently, she knew that I needed a digicam. She also knew that I couldn't afford to get one. As an early birthday gift, she brought me to get it from the store. I was thrilled to bits!
At times, I have often taken my aunt for granted. But as I write and recall the past, I regret doing so and am thankful for all the love that she has showered upon me. The little, little things in life are often forgotten because it seems so insignificant. However, it is these minor things that help to shape our lives for the better.
SYM, Happy Birthday!!! Thank you for everything ^-^
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment