You never know what you're capable of till you try doing it. And I couldn't agree more. My friends and I left on our road trip on 21st November, we got back yesterday with sore arms, sunburnt, body aches, and minor injuries here and there. But through it all, we persevered and survived the 9 days.
It was a helluva fun adventure. Who would've thought I would be brave enough to dance atop an anthill, get a spa treatment ala mud bath, put a spider on my hand, climb on top of a van just so we can get a fantastic group picture?
What about conquering my fear of the great big ocean? OK, I admit I can swim but I'm not an excellent swimmer. I can hardly hold my breath underwater for less than 10 seconds. But I actually went snorkelling at two islands which are part of the Great Barrier Reef. Needless to say, it was a beautiful sight!! And I also went jet skiing ~~~ wooohoooo!!!
Friends, if that's not enough, I went on a white water rafting adventure on the second last day of our trip. We travelled for a long distance before we arrived at Tully River. I had butterflies in my stomach throughout the journey. It didn't help that I suddenly developed motion sickness which normally doesn't happen to me. Too bad that I don't have a boyfriend who can hold my hand and calm me down, I just have to rely on myself and keep getting assurances from friends that everything's gonna be alright. Actually, it didn't help that our extremely attractive river guide and did I mention he's really macho with big biceps kept making fun by telling jokes about people falling off the raft every so often.
In the end, it was just fun, fun, fun all the way. Even Celeste who couldn't swim enjoyed herself tremendously. And to my dear blog readers, white water rafting is for all ages. The youngest participant was 13 years old and guess what, the oldest was 85 years old!!!
Friday, November 30, 2007
What an ADVENTURE!!!
Labels:
Airlie Beach,
Brisbane,
Bundaberg,
Cairns,
Magnetic Island,
Rockhampton,
Townsville
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment