Weather Bureau predicted it to be a rainy day with thunder storms but the sun came out (to our advantage). The day started with a bus ride to the city. Then we took a train from Central station to Nambour. It was a long journey, it took us almost 2-hours to reach there. Upon arrival, we rested our bums (again!) on a 20-min bus ride to Eumundi. Over here when they say markets, it doesn't mean wet market, it's more to a flea market.
Eumundi's a small town located 25-min from Noosa beach (which is where we're headed). On weekdays, I guess its like any normal sleepy town which only comes alive during weekends with the influx of visitors. It's like a pit stop of sorts for tourists to have a cuppa or jalan-jalan before they arrive in Noosa. Recycled bottles with a difference. It's flattened glass; apparently it can be used as sushi plates.
Psychic readings for the L-O-V-E sick & future conscious. Not sure how accurate are her predictions, though.
The World's Best Rubber Band Guns - didn't hear any gun blast go off. Might be more to a collector's item.
We saw the sign BAMBOO VIETNAM from afar. We immediately thought of having Vietnamese cuisine & walked towards its direction. After turning round the corner, I saw its other signboard, this time with more info. I started laughing aloud. BAMBOO VIETNAM was anything but a restaurant(!).
Our 1-week semester holiday coincided with the school holidays. The beach was packed. It was a nice & sunny day to go strolling down the beach. We took off our shoes & slippers. The sand felt so soft & smooth. I just love sitting at the beach with the wind blowing in my face.
A trip down the beach wouldn't be complete without some refreshing ice-cream. My mocha almond fudge came with nuts, cream & a Copenhagen special cone.
My crumpled bus/train tix. It's the first time I'm buying a Zone 23 tix. Normally I buy up to Zone 2 i.e. within city, Kelvin Grove, Toowong etc.
One for the album - Jacqui (from Ontario, Canada), Me, Eeling, & Celeste (both from Penang).(Credit goes to Celeste as this pix was taken using her camera)
Being in Eumundi & Noosa meant being miles away from civilization aka city (OK, I'm just exaggerating). It was a very fun trip, exhausting but memorable, nevertheless. For once, I'm not stuck in Kelvin Grove. In uni, it's hard to get to know one another unless one hangs out regularly (which isn't the case here). It's usually the hi & bye type of relationship. So this trip gave me the chance to get to know more of Jacqui, Celeste & Eeling. I can't wait to visit Noosa again, I'll definitely make it an overnight stay next time around.





3 comments:
Great blog u got mui tao :) gotta love your stories n all those nice photos. Very nice..makes me miss Brisbane :(
Noosa sounds and looks awesome! you have to tell me more about it when i next see you :)
oops...it's cheryl from CI lecture here
Post a Comment