Sunday, August 26, 2007

Day 1 - 3: Canon Practice shoot

I'm taking Photomedia & Artistic Practice this semester as an elective subject. We can use our normal digital camera to capture images or borrow the Canon EOS 400D from facilities. During tutorials, my tutor, Leah handed out camera control sheets to give us a better understanding of how to operate the camera. It really helped me a lot because I've never handled a manual digital camera before.

My first day of practice was during our family outing at the annual Ekka exhibition fair. It was a rather disastrous day for me. Most of the pictures were out of focus and overexposed. The camera was heavier than the usual digicam. Besides that, having to toggle the f-stop and light meter was so ma fan. By the end of the day I felt so demotivated.

A week later I borrowed the camera again. Yesterday I went to West End with Jacqui. Both of us kept snapping pictures. We've to hand in three assignments by mid-September; Pictorialism, Still Life and Abstract pictures. Taking pictures with a companion around is definitely better than doing it alone. Both of us felt much more confident this time around.

Today I went to Kangaroo Point with Celeste. Managed to get some pictures but the weird thing was I actually found taking pictures of flowers and insects to be interesting. Maybe I'm not observant enough. What's your take on this, my dear readers?


1 comment:

kai said...

Dear Homie.. I think you are getting really good at this! And the pictures are really beautiful, esp the Heart shape! THat is my fav!!! Keep taking pretty pictures! You got lotsa potential, girl...... =)