Saturday, August 04, 2007

Walking on a Winter Wonderland

Pictures taken from my very first road trip to Sydney & Melbourne. It was a blast I tell ya!! Thank you Papa & Mama for giving me this wonderful present. I saw snow for the very first time. I'd always dreamed of making & throwing snow balls at people & I did just that. During my trip I often wondered why the world is so beautiful. Why did God make it so beautiful? Words can hardly describe how I felt then. It was such a surreal feeling.

Jacqui & I at Mount Buller, Victoria. Jacqui's a REAL STRONG girl. Wearing denim when the rest of us were freezing in our parka. She really survived the bitter cold.
Taking a short rest after a really long walk at Carlton Gardens, Melbourne. Jacqui said it reminded her of New York's Central Park.
Trying to be Hercules' daughter at Split Point Lighthouse, Victoria. ^-^
Taken during our tram ride to Victoria Market. Trams are quite fun actually but the not-so-fun part comes when you've to wade into your pockets & wallet for coins. Imagine a long queue & people breathing right behind your back. Why oh why doesn't the tram machine accept notes? -_-"
After my road trip, I was back in Brisbane for 4 days. Then I flew to Sydney to visit my childhood friend, Mazlina who was working there. We've known each other since 1987, imagine that, 20 years of friendship ^-^ This pix was taken during our 6km walk from Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach. What fantastic scenery & weather. I was really lucky coz it was sunny throughout my 5 days there. Maybe it's coz I brought the sun from sunny Queensland (it's known as Australia's sunshine state).
Circular Quay, Sydney - taken at the start of my ferry ride to Manly.
Mazlina & I went for Shakespeare's "Othello" performance at the famous Sydney Opera House.

No comments: