Sometimes you may find shiitake mushrooms, golden mushrooms, lettuce, and Chinese Wolfberry @ ji zi in the BKT soup. A health tip here dear readers, ji zi is extremely beneficial for our eyes. Different places serve BKT differently, thus you may come across clear BKT soup as well as dark brown BKT soup.
Crunchy yau char kuey @ deep fried flour fritters, a must have side dish for BKT. Remember to dunk the yau char kuey into the BKT soup. Alternatively, it can be eaten on its own. Besides that, yau char kuey is also eaten with congee (now that's a different story altogether).
Super, duper yummy BKT at PJ Old Town. There's pork stomach, pork rib, lean and fatty pork in there. No pork intestine for me, serve me pork stomach anytime.
To prove that we are omnivorous, here's a plate of boiled Australian yau mak served with oyster sauce and garlic oil. I'm sure you must be salivating by now! ^^
Tau pok @ deep fried beancurd which is another BKT side dish. The tau pok is served in a soup which tastes similar to the BKT soup.PJ Old Town holds many memories for me. Papa used to bring me here when I was small. This was the place where I was first introduced to BKT. Papa would walk towards the stall in the background. I would sit on the stool, my legs barely reaching the ground.
The stall owner would walk over with a tray laden with food. Papa would grab some wooden chopsticks and began eating. My little bowl contained rice, lean pork and of course the piping hot soup. I would savour each mouthful the way Papa enjoyed his food.
The stall owner would walk over with a tray laden with food. Papa would grab some wooden chopsticks and began eating. My little bowl contained rice, lean pork and of course the piping hot soup. I would savour each mouthful the way Papa enjoyed his food.
1 comment:
Since when u start doing food review??? :) U should try the Bak Kut Teh in Klang dear...
Post a Comment