Monday, June 09, 2008

Smart Animals in RD

The 78cents increase in petrol price is hardly anything to smile about but I couldn't help laughing after reading RD's "Tales from the Animal Kingdom".

SEAT of LEARNING by Patricia Larson

Some time ago, we owned three chihuahuas, two males and one female. Our large front window looks out onto the street, and has two window seats where the dogs loved to sit and watch the world go by. However, there was only enough room for two of them, which meant the female usually missed out.

So she developed a plan to get ride of the boys. She would run around the room for a while, then dash madly to the back door, barking like crazy the whole time. She would then stand just inside the doggie door until the boys came rushing past her.

With a smug look on her face, she would then trot back inside and select whichever window seat she wanted and make herself comfortable. This worked every time. Girls know how to outsmart boys, even in the animal world! ^^

BEEN WORKING like a DOG by Alan Lewis

I was working in my backyard one afternoon when an old, weary-looking dog wandered in. I could tell by his collar and well-fed belly that he wasn't homeless. He followed me into the house, walked down the hall and fell asleep in a corner. An hour later he went to the door and looked at me, so I let him out.

The next day he returned, resumed his position in the hall and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks. I was curious as to where he was coming from so I pinned a note to his collar that read, "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a reply pinned to his collar: "He lives in a house with ten children - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?!" I let him in every time he came around after that. He just wanted some rest! :)

No comments: