Saturday, June 28, 2008

Feeling better

Today's my third day of work. Feels more like 1-week. I've gone back to the full-time office environment thingy. My past few jobs had me working mostly from home. I'd enter the office to meet my boss when necessary or we'd have meetings with colleagues at nearby cafes.

Of course I find it hard to sit in the office. It's not like I don't have anything to do but in terms of the amount of work, mine is considerably light compared to my colleagues. The fact is I was only needed nearing to the shoot date. My colleagues started months ago preparing for the feature film.

I've the task of taking care of the two main actors (read: personal chauffeur), being production runner (read: buy breakkie/lunch/tea/dinner, driver etc.) and being point of communication with the rest of the actors. Being a PA isn't as easy as A-B-C. I treat my tasks seriously - big or small. I want to do my best and prove my capability.

Since having that sorethroat on Sunday, I didn't have much time to rest. I felt feverish on Monday, luckily I didn't have work that day. But I so wanted to go shopping and watch Kungfu Panda. I ended up updating my blog and chatting via MSN. I felt better the following day, thanks to the salt water.

Even though I so wanted to stay home, I dragged myself to the office. After briefing the audio person, my boss told me to rest at home. I slept for awhile after lunch and felt much better. I knew how important my presence meant to my boss. And that's why I went for the TVC final presentation to the clients.

My throat felt sore the next day and it was also my first day at the new office. Shit! I know it. I'm coughing~ my nightmare is about to start. I hate it when I get the cough. My throat is really sensitive and the worst thing is air-cond environment. It's so embarassing to cough like you're suffering from TB in the office. Finally surrendered and made a visit to the doctor yesterday. Yup, Panadol, antibiotics (this is a life saver!), lozenges, and cough mixture which I only drank at night coz it causes drowsiness.

Even though I'm a freelancer, this is my first time working with a different Director. I've been with my previous boss since February and we've developed a really good working relationship. I'm really happy that she values the way I work. And I've also adopted part of her working style which I find exemplary. She was so kind and understanding when I told her I wanted to take up this project.

I'm really thankful to my boss for giving me ample opportunities. I won't be seeing her for a month which is really weird given that we meet at least once a week or communicate via telephone. And when I do, I'm sure I'll be mentally stronger than before due to the experience gained in the current project. Come August, I'll be starting a new project with my boss. I look forward to working with her again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get well soon, ding-a-leng!!! :)

hope to catch up with u soon wey..so long nv see u liao...

cheers!