Friday, April 04, 2008

I feel so loved

Your Inbox has 17 new messages. Wow! So many? Is it what I think it is? Yeah!!!! Birthday messages from my friends via Facebook. Gotta luv ya Facebook :)

My birthday surprise started last Sunday when my Papa brought home a birthday cake. I was talking to Mama and she told me Papa would only get home at 10pm. He told her he was gonna drive slowly. I was like What???!!! My Papa's known for being an F1 driver at home. Can he really drive at a slow speed, especially when it's the Ford and not the Toyota? Anyway, why did Papa have to drive slowly, Mama just laughed and told me to wait for Papa to arrive.

Just as I replaced the receiver, I heard the Ford outside our house. Hmmm... 9pm, so I was right about 10pm being virtually impossible. Then Papa showed me the walnut cake. Thank you Mama. I just love surprises ^^ Thank you Papa, for the angpow.

My second surprise came when my aunt brought me my birthday cum graduation present. Wah!!! I really love this new gadget. It's trendy and funky, suitable for my kinda personality. Thank you Sam Yee Mah and Uncle Tan.

And I gotta luv telecommunication too. My friend sent me a text message at precisely 12.01am ^^ After that I got a voice mail from my housemates in Brisbane. I can't bear to call them my former housemates. I was laughing as I listened to their voices.

Then the SMSes, emails and phone calls came throughout the day. My boss gave me a lunch treat on my birthday. We'd teppanyaki at 1-Utama with another colleague. She wanted to get me a cake, I was like no need lah... I was so pai se but very happy I've such a caring boss.


When I finally got off work, I couldn't wait to call my cousin. She called me a few times but I didn't have time to call her back. Then she left a cute lil' message -
"Hi ! Just wan2 wish U Hapy B'day! Danial also wanted 2wish U. Dan kept reminding me 2call U."

When I returned the call, my cousin passed the phone to 4-year old Danial.
"Piu Yee, Happy Birthday," said Danial.
Then Adam who's turning two next month wanted to talk to me too.
"Piu Yee..." said Adam.
And that's all he said. Happy Birthday is still a mouthful to him ;P
Sigh... my heart melted. And best of all was when Dan Dan said this to me.
"Piu Yee, I want to make a card for you."
I was so touched.
My cousin explained Dan Dan saw a Valentine's card making segment on the Mickey Mouse Club programme and wanted to make a card for me too. Sigh... working on your birthday isn't so fun after all. But when your precious nephew says something like this, somehow all my work worries have disappeared.

Last year was full of surprises too when my housemates planned a party for me. Cooked with Love was the tagline. Prawns, fish, vege... Yummy! Yummy! They even baked me a cake. Well, partly baked, to be accurate. Walnut cakes are easily obtainable in KL but alas, not so in Brisbane. In the end, my housemates bought a chocolate mud cake, crunched as much walnuts as they possibly can (I can feel the excruciating pain in their fingers) and melted a lot of cooking chocolate into the pan. Voila!
Chocolate Walnut Cake 3102 Style ^^

I feel so loved. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. Thank you God.

No comments: