Thank you, Mama for the beautiful roses on my graduation day. You've always been there to support and encourage me. When I got my first diploma, Mama was so proud I could see tears in her eyes. In my eyes it was just a plain old diploma with no merit or distinction - something which I wasn't proud of. When I moved onto my second college, I vowed to get High Distinction. It was my goal since Day 01. I wanted to prove to my parents that all their money didn't go to waste. I was sure that this college would help me get to where I wanted to be.
When I decided to get my degree, I was worried. After having worked for the past 3 years, would I be able to familiarise myself with being a student all over again? It was sooner said than done. Student life was so carefree and fun. I kept aiming for a Distinction in my degree.
Is my life all about getting good grades? Yes, I'm kiasu about getting good grades but I also value the overall learning experience at QUT. Throughout my 2-years in Brisbane, I learnt how to live with other people, how to tolerate and cooperate, how to share and care, be a big Sis, be a friend, and most of all learn how to be independent away from home.
To my Papa, thank you for being there to listen to my nonsense and for your constant advice. Papa has been nagging me a lot lately about sleeping early, eating more fruits and vege to build a good foundation since young. As my Papa says "Everyday is a learning process and we never stop learning even at old age."
My SYM @ 3rd Aunt has been there since I was a baby. She's my mother's older Sis. She watched me grow up, was there to discipline, support and encourage me. She often listened to my problems and would always buy presents for me. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful aunt.
To my Sis, when I was in Brisbane, I'd fun chatting with you via MSN. You're a special person. I'm glad you're learning a lot at work. You're stronger than you look and I'm happy you have a nice Boss who values you.
Papa, Mama, SYM, Sis: Thank you so much for coming for my graduation. Your presence meant so much to me. I definitely won't be where I am if not for all of you. You kept me grounded when I flew too high. You kept me on my toes when I thought I knew everything. In short, I learnt that in life it's all about being humble, sincere and grateful for what one has.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment