Don't know why but since I got back, I gian want to drink Taiwanese Bubble Tea (in Malaysia?!!). My first taste was years ago at a little cafe in MidValley Megamall. It didn't leave much of a lasting impression on me.
My second taste was in 2006 when I went over to Brisbane. There's a quaint little Taiwanese restaurant hidden in one of the CBD's alleys called Elevator 21. They serve really good zhen zhu nai cha. The price is cheaper than most places and the portion is value for money. I normally go there with my homies and friends for Chinese food and of course bubble tea. I really like their deep fried pork with noodles and braised pork intestines. Sinfully heavenly...
Other than Elevator 21, there's another eatery along Elizabeth Street which serves equally good bubble tea. It's a bit more expensive but not to the point of burning a hole in your pocket. Actually, bubble tea is really popular in Brisbane. There's a chain called EZWay which mainly serves this unique concoction. In fact there are two outlets in the CBD.
Last month during our shoot, I had a sudden craving for bubble tea. We were at Petaling Street. My boss saw a shop with this particular signage - zhen zhu... (Chinese characters)
"Nah! Go get your bubble tea. Who else wants ah?" asked my boss as I began taking down orders.
I was so excited. I ran towards the shop. Then I stared and stared for what might seem like eternity. I could only see rows and rows of bags decorated with pearl sequins. I walked back with my head to the ground. Yeah zhen zhu = pearls... as in zhu yi xing toi (i.e. bags decorated with pearl sequins).
Bwahahaah... I want my bubble tea!
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment