Friday, April 11, 2008

Pre-Graduation Celebration

Has anyone heard of a Pre-Graduation Shower? Hmmm.... me neither. Anyways, my friends gave me one on 5th April ^^ Last Saturday was supposed to be a prelude to this Saturday's gathering. Even if I didn't attend the first gathering, it's alright. Most importantly is the steamboat ala welcome Sally to KL dinner.

As usual the editing session was main priority. However I promised to attend my colleague's 21st party that night, yes, very young lassie. I usually try not to promise until I'm absolutely sure I can do it. If not I'll just say I'll do my best. It's a safe and politically correct answer. Just hate breaking promises.

Unfortunately the editing session delayed my time. I was getting frustrated at having to be late for the dinner. But what to do, work is work. Finally my colleague & I got off. In between work, my friends were texting me about meeting up that night. I wanted to say no coz tomorrow's graduation day. I haven't had enough sleep lately & I should get some early shuteye. Then they mentioned they were in the neighbourhood. OK lah, will meet up after I drop off the present.

Something which I thought would take 5-min turned into half an hour. My colleague & I hadn't had dinner & it was quarter past ten. The sight of the leftovers (there were still plenty) had me gulping my saliva. We ended up stuffing our mouths and having yummy Blackforest cake. The birthday girl was so happy we could make it.

More phone calls and SMSes from my friends. OK, OK coming! They were waiting in front of my house. Does Mag & gang wanna kidnap me? ^^ I sped home (oops drove home safely coz my family reads my blog. Hehehe!) And there stood Mr. Wanna whom I hadn't met since last year.

"We want to celebrate your graduation with You!"
~ Awwwww... (sob) (sob) ~


That night was certainly a night to remember. Mr. Wanna kept everyone in stitches. Can't remember when I last laughed that loud :)

Charlotte, Li Fern, Mag, Mr. Wanna:
Thank you so much, I couldn't ask for more. I just love surprises.

2 comments:

the ugly submarine said...

You're most welcome! Do you think your dad saw me hugging you? Oopps, he must be reading this...er, hi uncle..

Unknown said...

Aiya Mr. Wanna u broke my heart la..