SMS from Jacqui: "Hey! I am coming up on Friday. I will keep you posted and will work something out."
Yeah!!! Jacqui's coming to KL. Jacqui's coming to KL. (say it like how an excited 3-year old would say it i.e. jumping up and down as she says it).
Finally Jacqui and I are meeting up. We tried to get together several times in KL/Malacca but each time I go down south, she'll somehow be heading up to the capital.
We managed to meet face to face when we graduated together on April 6. Somehow that seems so long ago. When my car pulled up at the entrance, I was apologetic as Jacqui got in. I was late. I was tied up with a few work meetings and had problems to settle which remain unsettled up till now. But I'm confident things will work out soon.
Jacqui: Leng, this feels really weird that we're meeting up outside of Brisbane. And here I am sitting in your car.
ding 'a' leng: (smiles)
ding 'a' leng: So Jacks, what do you wanna eat tonight?
Jacqui: Well, I'm OK with anything. What do you have in mind?
ding 'a' leng: I've 3 places to recommend. The first is Nirwana which is famous for banana leaf rice. And my friend highly recommends the teh 'o' ais limau. Second comes this stall which I kinda like their Malay food. And of course there's this stall which serves really good Western food. Don't be surprise if you see the cook in a chef's uniform.
Jacqui: Cool... Well I'll let you decide.
ding 'a' leng: Then Nirwana it is.
Instead of hangin' out at MidValley, I suggested Bangsar coz I wanted to show Jacqui the place where I grew up. Unfortunately I can't turn back the clock to show Jacqui the Bangsar that I knew 20 years ago. At least we can eat and chat ala mamak.
When we arrived I was shocked to see a group of Mat Salleh or as Jacqui puts it orang putih (Jacqui is Mat Salleh by the way) sitting outside the restaurant. There were around 15 - 20 people seated in two rows facing each other having banana leaf rice. I'd never seen so many Caucasians eating Indian food (it's okay in Brisbane). But I'm glad they enjoyed the food.
Luckily Jacqui didn't find the food too spicy, in fact, she's tasted spicier foods. We spent the whole night chatting. Thanks for introducing the Starbucks lemon drink, Jacqui ^^ I really wish I could spend more time with her but my eyelids were getting heavier by the second.
Jacqui, I hope that I can visit you in Malacca before you leave for Taiwan/China. We can hang out at Starbucks and you can bring me to Bei Zhan and I remember you mentioning claypot laksa? yum yum :)
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
looks like i've missed out on a good hang out opportunity. so sorry i couldn't come see you guys that day.
but i'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the future. :)
LOL! LENG! I love it! Yes we had a fab time. Celeste when we are all free we must meet up! Miss you guys! Brisbane for life! HA!
aww i'm jealous too! i wish i could hang out in malaysia with you guys! leng--your blog is sooo cool. i need to learn how to add all these things and get into this world of blogging! hope you're well-xx
Post a Comment